Update - May 28, 2020
We had hoped the COVID-19 situation would have improved by now. While it has improved in some parts of the world, others are just now beginning to reach a critical level. As of today, we still plan on holding the event on October 14-16, however, should there be a second wave of infections and should we find ourselves needing to cancel the event, we would like to assure our attendees that we will provide full refunds for all tickets purchased.
JOTB20 What happened?
As many of you know, the Coronavirus pandemic has had a tremendous impact on everyone's lives.
While some people might still be happy to attend, we did not want to risk aiding the spread of the virus and endangering others beyond the conference, which is why, on March 13th, we made the difficult decision to postpone the event to October.
While, at first, we were optimistic that we could go ahead as planned in May, it became clear that this was not realistic or prudent. Speakers, sponsors, and attendees had been in touch with their concerns about the event and restrictions on travel. We also know that many of you had to arrange things like travel, accommodation, childcare, and time out of the office. Because of this, we wanted to give you as much notice as possible so you could minimize the disruption rather than have to watch us wait until the last minute.
Naturally, we were disappointed. We love seeing you all at our events, and we were looking forward to celebrating our 5th birthday with you, but this was the right thing to do.
No conference talk is more important than the health of our community and those they come into contact with, and we all have a responsibility to look out for others who may be more vulnerable than us.
So, what now?
We have moved the event to the 14th, 15th, and 16th of October 2020:
- We are hoping most of our speakers and trainers will be able to attend to deliver their sessions in October, and we are working to confirm the details as soon as we can.
- While the schedule may change, the venue will continue to be the same.
These changes might take some time to confirm, so please bear with us and keep an eye out for emails from us.
We aim to make the move to October as seamless as possible, and we are working on ways to make it better and worth waiting for.
To ease the pain, we have organized some online talks and workshops. This way, you can still get some J On The Beach content while working from home. We will keep you posted via our newsletter.
For ticket holders:
We will automatically transfer your ticket(s) to October. You do not need to do anything.
We are going to host some exclusive online workshops and talks for ticket holders so you will be able to get some training and content while waiting for the October event.
What if I can’t make the October dates?
If you can not make it to the event in October, you can reassign your ticket to someone else, or you can claim your reimbursement by writing to email@example.com by April 10th, 2020.
If you have already made travel or accommodation bookings for May, you should contact your provider or insurer to check their amendment or refund policies.
If you requested a visa to attend the conference, you should contact your local consulate to transfer your visa to the dates in October. If you need any additional documentation from us to do this, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope this clears up any questions or concerns you may have regarding JOTB20.
This blog post was updated on May 19, 2020