Verisk Specialty Business Solutions (formerly Sequel Business Solutions) is a division of Verisk. Having started out in 1993, we have established a reputation as a market leader in the provision of software to the global insurance industry. We offer streamlined end-to-end management of all insurance and reinsurance business to brokers, underwriters, and intermediaries through the Sequel product suite. Our customers, traditionally Lloyd's and London Market specialists have expanded to include major players in the North American general insurance market. With offices in London, Malaga, and Jersey City, we offer exciting career opportunities in insurance-led technology.
Hello there! Do you know Verisk? Are you a dynamic person? Would you like to grow in our company? In Verisk SBS we are looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join one of our engineering team. And we really wish it could be you!
In our tech stack we have React, Angular, Typescript, .NET, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, Messaging (RabbitMQ), Cloud (AWS), CI/CD (Azure DevOps), Containers (Docker), Testing frameworks, APIs, etc. From the technical side, our teams are very focused in following good practices. We also foment working with the latest technologies, continuous formation and career development inside the company.
Interesting right? - Keep reading, this job is for you!
This profile will take a key part in the development and improvement of our applications, bringing innovation, motivation, and proactivity to the role. You will be working with amazing professionals in the sector who bring the best performance into our company (cooperation between “the Three Amigos”: developers, QAs and BAs; also, Team Leads, Development Managers etc.) and along with you will be forming a rockstar team!
What will you do?
- Participates actively in planning meetings, retrospectives, daily stand ups, and other meetings as part of the software development process: Mostly Verisk SBS teams follow Scrum philosophy, so is important to keep the track using it tools. Our team have 2 weeks sprints, with Sprint Planning session, daily stand-ups where the team track the progress of everyone, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Helps with code reviews: Our teamwork with “pull requests”, so is mandatory that specified roles review every single branch before merging them into the master branch.
- Performs hands-on coding and assists in the design of solutions: Teams often have backlog refinement sessions so every developer can give its point of view for different items.
- Works on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure: The Verisk development teams always try to be on the bleeding edge, implementing the latest technologies on new projects and improving already-coded solutions.
- Mentor others Software Developer Engineers: The company keeps growing and growing so new colleagues often join our team. It is important for the team to bring info and support to new joiners and make them feel comfortable.
What you´ll get:
- 35hrs / week and office in the centre of Malaga.
- Remote work and flexible working hours options are available. For us, the reconciliation of work and family life (family, children, dependents...) is very important, as well as your personal development and the enjoyment of your leisure and free time.
- Additional benefits to the salary offered: health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, certifications and training (including bonuses to spend on Amazon for each certification obtained) and Spanish/English classes during working hours.
- For people who work in the office: luncheon vouchers, bicycle parking, fruit and snacks, drinks on Fridays, pizza on Tuesdays.
- Lunch and Learn: weekly knowledge sharing session. That day lunch is on us!
- Team building and annual events (pre-COVID): we work hard and enjoy with the same energy, because celebrating good results is mandatory! Some places where we have been in previous years: Seville, Bilbao or Sierra Nevada.
- International Mobility: as part of the Verisk group, you will have access to the international opportunities existing in the group.
- Multicultural team: only in Malaga we have people of more than 10 different nationalities!
- Professional development and annual evaluation - each year you will have a review of your performance and objectives.
Sounds good? Contact us to know more!
What will you bring?
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Expert in object-oriented programming concepts, unit & integration testing, data and relational databases, technical database design, web architecture and application servers.
- Strong ability to document development including database design, application design and ongoing documentation of changes and modifications.
- Deep understanding about performance and scalability implications in the development process and experience with performance monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documents including database design, application design and ongoing documentation of changes and modifications.
- Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production Internet architectures.
- Independently productive being able to face most tasks on their own and understand when they need to ask for help.
- Ability to review code written by others and provide feedback and recommendations to follow coding guideline.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Able to provide estimates.
- Be able to design considering operational costs.
- Desire to lead a work stream coordinating a small team of developers.
- Ability to do a risk analysis.
- Good communication skills.