Verisk provides expert insurance data-driven analytic insights that help businesses, people, and societies become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable. Our innovations empower clients to meet extraordinary obstacles head-on, including natural catastrophes, cybersecurity, climate change, and geopolitical issues.
It’s not just the 19 petabytes of information we store, but what we do with it. In partnership with our customers, we couple unmatched expertise and leading-edge data analytics technology—including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and predictive modeling—to help our clients make decisions daily that impact millions of lives.
We are excited to take this Senior Developer C#/.Net opportunity to market due to an internal promotion.
- Accountable for leading application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating independence in software development life-cycle phases from concept and design to testing.
- Lead new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Perform hands-on coding while designing and architecting web content solutions.
- Serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Provide technical guidance to junior programmers and other software engineers.
- Troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
In our tech stack we use .NET Core, Angular, PostgreSQL and AWS. Our team follows best practices and standards and is focused on delivering high-quality products.
In addition to competitive salaries, we also offer some great benefits including;
- A 35-hour working week
- Private Medical
- Lunch tickets
- English Classes, ....and more!
- Proven commercial experience in software development and system maintenance at senior level.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Demonstrated experience with N-tiered applications, multi-tier architecture, and production Internet architectures.
- Experienced in developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns
- Proficient experience and understanding in the following technologies: C#, ASP.Net MVC, WebAPI, AngularJS, NUnit and Moq, LINQ, NHibernate or Entity Framework, Spring.Net, Continuous Integration, JQuery, CSS, AJAX
- Highly experienced at leading teams, interacting with business partners or customers, and guiding project direction.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.·
- Superior organization skills, skilled at recognizing priorities, and keeping a team focused most important features.
- Must have a passion for development and the latest technologies
- Leadership and ability to guide design and technical meetings
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Hello there! Do you know Verisk? Are you a dynamic person? Would you like to grow in our company? In Verisk SBS we are looking for a QA Automation profile, with around 3 years experience, to join one of our engineering teams. And we really wish it could be you!
In our tech stack, we have React, Angular, Typescript, .NET, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, Messaging (RabbitMQ), Cloud (AWS), CI/CD (Azure DevOps), Containers (Docker), Testing frameworks, APIs, etc. From the technical side, our teams are very focused in following good practices. We also foment working with the latest technologies, continuous formation and career development inside the company.
More concretely in QA Automation, we use Selenium integrated with Gherkin for UI tests, JMETER/Gatling, API Rest also integrated with Gherkin, SOAP UI/Postman, etc.
Interesting right? - Keep reading, this job is for you!
We are looking for the right person to help us with the testing of the core services used by the platform. This person will be responsible for the accurate testing of software used by insurance market professionals.
What will you do?
- Supports execution of test plans primarily automated tests and occasionally manual tests.
- Responsible for creating/maintenance of the automation test suite on their area of assignment and reporting on its current status.
- Provides estimates to seniors QA automation engineers and highlights any difficulty in meeting these targets.
- Works logging and tracking defects towards their resolution closely within QA Team.
- Mentor more junior QA automation engineers via pairing, design review, and code review.
- Constantly working towards automated tests optimization (implementation and execution).
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade of the role
What you´ll get:
- 35hrs / week and office in the center of Malaga.
- Remote work and flexible working hours options are available. For us, the reconciliation of work and family life (family, children, dependents...) is very important, as well as your personal development and the enjoyment of your leisure and free time.
- Additional benefits to the salary offered: health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, certifications and training (including bonuses to spend on Amazon for each certification obtained) and Spanish/English classes during working hours.
- For people who work in the office: luncheon vouchers, bicycle parking, fruit and snacks, drinks on Fridays, pizza on Tuesdays.
- Lunch and Learn: weekly knowledge sharing session. That day lunch is on us!
- Team building and annual events (pre-COVID): we work hard and enjoy with the same energy, because celebrating good results is mandatory! Some places where we have been in previous years: Seville, Bilbao or Sierra Nevada.
- International Mobility: as part of the Verisk group, you will have access to the international opportunities existing in the group.
- Multicultural team: only in Malaga we have people of more than 10 different nationalities!
- Professional development and annual evaluation - each year you will have a review of your performance and objectives.
Sounds good? Contact us to know more!
What you´ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience on similar roles.
- Software development skills equivalent to a middle developer.
- Hands-on experience of object-oriented programming, automation testing, data model and relational databases, web architecture and application servers.
- Basic understanding of insurance business processes.
- Self-sufficient in at least one large area of the automation with a high-level understanding of other components.
- Expertise in UI, API and performance automated testing.
- QA Automation engineers must have a middle-profile role in the organization and you must demonstrate your organizational and communication skills to engage the QA team as well as development team.
- Knowledge about build/release/deployment pipeline.